Thursday, May 24, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Monday, May 07, 2007
This season has been just boring enough that I am official just as sick of writing about American Idol as you are of reading what I have to say about it. Thus, this will most likely be my last post on the subject until after the finale. A few things floating around in my brain:
- Bottom line is: All four of these singers could win this thing, even Lakisha if she shines like she used to over the next few weeks
- I think that Jordan should and will win but, of course, you never know.
- Blake put together an epic performance last week. I now have him ranked just slightly above Melinda for my #2 spot, simply because I want to see him in the final. A Melinda v. Jordan finale would be rather repetitive and boring. Blake would give it some diversity and some vigor.
- Melinda doesn't need to win. She's the Daughtry of this year in that way. Of course, all four of 'em will have careers regardless.
- Final Four: The time when upsets become the norm: LaToya London, Chris Daughtry, Tamyra Gray, Anthony Federo...ok, maybe not that one. So will someone shocking go home this week? I ask "What would be shocking"? Jordan would shock everyone, but honestly, it's all so close that nothing would suprise me.
- Why the heck are they doing "Boogie" night for the top-four? I almost don't even want to watch. Are they that desparate that they have to invite a Gibb?!?!